When was the last time you met that new social media buddy of yours face-to-face? You know - where you actually picked up the phone to speak to each other in full sentences rather than in 140 character messages peppered with emojis?
In this episode, Melissa Jones and I are talking about some of the growing pains we all experience when we make the leap to running our own business and how cultivating a community for ourselves online and OFFLINE can be one of the wisest investments for the long term growth of your business.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
- Melissa's journey from the corporate world to the entrepreneurial world and the mindset shift she needed to make to get herself into "high gear."
- What you should be focusing on during your first year of business (and it ain't the "pretty stuff.")
- A simple way to prioritize your day to make sure you're working on things that'll push your business forward.
- Why sometimes you've got to throw spaghetti on the wall.
- Whether your business looks more like a Cheesecake Factory menu or like that of the fancy French bistro in the neighborhood and why it matters.
- Why offline relationships are so valuable to the future of your business.
- How to utilize social media to create a community for yourself - online and offline.
CONNECT WITH HER AT
If you liked this episode, please subscribe to the show on iTunes, and leave a rating and a review. By leaving a review, it helps me reach more people and schedule even more amazing guests.
Let's continue the Office Talk conversation over in the Office Talk Facebook group. Join the group here.
- Want to be a guest on the show? Click here to be my guest.