If you operate a business with any types of programs, products, courses and other offerings, you may have considered running some sort of affiliate program to recruit others to help share the news. But before you starting recruiting affiliates, there are a few things to consider before paying referrals to affiliates in exchange for sales those people bring you. In this episode of the Office Talk podcast, I’ll walk you through a few of the best practices to consider when implementing an affiliate program for your business.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
- How screening potential affiliates to ensure a good fit will minimize issues going forward
- Some of the main terms that should be outlined in an affiliate agreement, including compensation structure and affiliate duties
- Don’t forget the FTC! Here’s what you need to know about the text, video and audio affiliates have to use when promoting your products
- Systems you can use to both educate affiliate and to monitor their ongoing compliance to your terms
RESOURCES WE TALKED ABOUT
- Legal Quickie: 4 Essential Things the FTC Wants You to Know Before Endorsing a Company's Products
- Legal Quickie: 5 Things You Need to Know Before You Use Customer Testimonials in Your Marketing
- Let’s Get Down to Business online training (launching August 7th). Get on the waiting list at www.annettestepanian.com/wait
If you liked this episode, please subscribe to the show on iTunes, and leave a rating and a review. By leaving a review, it helps me reach more people and schedule even more amazing guests.
Let's continue the Office Talk conversation over in the Office Talk Facebook group. Join the group here.
- You can also catch the show on Google Play and on Stitcher.
- Want to submit a question for me to answer in a future episode? Ask away here.
- Want to be a guest on the show? Click here to be my guest.