One of the biggest challenges I’ve heard from some of you is finding clients and closing sales. When I have a question about sales, my mind goes directly to Maria Bayer - a sales coach for creatives. So I invited her on the show to pick her sales brain for this episode of the Office Talk podcast. Drawing from her sales experience in Corporate America, Maria now coaches creatives on how to book clients quickly and for more money. And she’s sharing some of her top tips with us in this episode.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
- The flaw in the traditional “ideal client” exercise and how to attract the “right client” instead
- How to determine when to change your contract at your client’s request and when to hold your ground
- The questions to ask your potential clients to reveal what matters most to them and how to use that information to sell more purposefully
- Why you should avoid email when closing a sale and what to do instead
- How to get your client to see your value and gain trust
- Who should be included in the conversation when booking a client
- The power of saying “no” to clients
- Ways you can gain insight into your clients’ needs
CONNECT WITH HER AT
- Website: http://www.mariabayer.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mariabayer1/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MariaBayerFan/
RESOURCES WE TALKED ABOUT
- Maria and I will be speaking at Be Sage Conference in December 2017. Join us!
- If you liked this episode, please subscribe to the show on iTunes, and leave a rating and a review. By leaving a review, it helps me reach more people and schedule even more amazing guests.
- Let's continue the Office Talk conversation over in the Office Talk Facebook group. Join the group here.
- You can also catch the show on Google Play and on Stitcher.
- Want to be a guest on the show? Click here to be my guest.