When I first started the podcast, one of the reasons I wanted to interview others in business was to learn how they were designing a business and life on their terms. After all, it was only a few years ago that I took the leap to leave a cushy and secure job to begin the journey of redesigning my life so that it
In this episode of Office Talk, I’m talking to Heather Crabtree, founder of the Savvy Community about her own journey from law, to running her own event planning business, to what she does today - helping other female entrepreneurs build successful businesses.
In this honest conversation, Heather reveals what her journey has really been like. Hint - it’s not always what it looks like from the outside.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
- How Heather went from law, to running an event planning business, to the founder of the Savvy Business Owners’ Community where she teaches female entrepreneurs how to run a successful business
- How the loss of a family member has shaped her perspective about life and business
- How she’s been designing her business to make sure it fits with her life, not the otherway around
- If you think she’s an overnight success, well here’s the real story
- The “‘old fashion values” that are still working in business
- Things to consider when transitioning from a solopreneur to building your team
- Why she started the Savvy Business Owners Facebook Group and what she attributes to the success of growing the group
- What’s next for the Savvy Business Owners’ community
CONNECT WITH HER AT
RESOURCES WE TALKED ABOUT
- E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber
- The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks
- The Savvy Community - www.thesavvycommunity.com
- If you liked this episode, please subscribe to the show on iTunes, and leave a rating and a review. By leaving a review, it helps me reach more people and schedule even more amazing guests.
- Let's continue the Office Talk conversation over in the Office Talk Facebook group. Join the group here.
- You can also catch the show on Google Play and on Stitcher.
- Want to be a guest on the show? Click here to be my guest.