Welcome! My amazing guest today is Jessica Serra Huizenga, owner of The Confetti Bar. Jessica creates custom confetti to help people spread happiness and joy. Jessica is a self-published author of contemporary romance, and is the creator of the Monarch workshop, a weekend workshop for creatives and business owners. You will love hearing Jessica’s heartwarming story of creativity, passion, following your dreams, and thinking outside the box. Have you ever met someone who SELLS CONFETTI? Today is the day---join us!
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
- The story behind why she created The Confetti Bar and an honest look behind the scenes of her business
- How she decided to leave her job in book publishing to go full time with The Confetti Bar
- The challenges she faces as a product-based business…especially one selling confetti
- How organic growth and word of mouth advertising attracted some big brand customers
- Reconciling the need to make money with the desire to create “art"
- Why she decided to self-publish a romance novel as a way to stay creative
- How Jessica deals with her anxiety and her health
- How to set up goals so you’re doing it for your own personal satisfaction than to meet other people’s expectations.
CONNECT WITH HER AT
P.S. Sorry for all the background noise on this one. Thanks for bearing with me as I get this whole podcasting thing figured out. Wink!
If you liked this episode, please subscribe to the show on iTunes, and leave a rating and a review. By leaving a review, it helps me reach more people and schedule even more amazing guests.
Let's continue the Office Talk conversation over in the Office Talk Facebook group. Join the group here.
- Want to be a guest on the show? Click here to be my guest.