A lawyer and a CPA walk into a bar....It's the set up for the perfect joke, right? But there will come a time when you'll need to consult a lawyer and a CPA at some point in running your business.
In this episode, I'm talking to Amy Northard who's a CPA for creatives. She's breaking down all those questions we have about taxes, W9s, 1099s, quarterly taxes and much more!
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
- Why Amy took a leap of faith to quit her job at an accounting firm to run her own business
- What are W9s and 1099s and when do you need to issue one
- What kind of deductions can you really take as part of your business
- What are some red flags for the IRS and how to avoid them
- Quickbooks got you confused? Here's another (easy) way to keep track of your business expenses
- How do you pay yourself when you own an LLC or a corporation
- Will you really get in trouble if you don't pay your quarterly taxes
- The one book we both love about building a profitable business from day one
- What to expect when working with a CPA
CONNECT WITH HER AT
RESOURCES WE TALKED ABOUT
If you liked this episode, please subscribe to the show on iTunes, and leave a rating and a review. By leaving a review, it helps me reach more people and schedule even more amazing guests.
Let's continue the Office Talk conversation over in the Office Talk Facebook group. Join the group here.
- Want to be a guest on the show? Click here to be my guest.