I’ve heard it all.
Lawyers are intimidating.
They’re so unrelatable.
They don’t understand me or my business.
And they’re so darn expensive.
These are the common complaints I hear from folks about working with a lawyer. And let’s not forget all the bad lawyer jokes too….
Well, I’m spilling the beans. In this episode, I’m sharing what you need to know before you hire a lawyer - things like fee structures, costs, questions you need to ask - as well as breaking down the law into the five topic areas you need to be thinking about as you start and grow your business.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
- The various fee structures lawyers offer and what to expect to pay when you hire one
- The three questions you should ask a lawyer when you’re ready to hire one
- How to find a lawyer who understands you and your unique business
- The questions you need to ask a lawyer before you hire one
- How to prioritize all of your legal needs
- The five “buckets” of legal issues you need to be thinking about and planning for as you grow your business
RESOURCES WE TALKED ABOUT
- Ep. 7: Legal Quickie: Should I file my business an LLC?
- Ep. 17: Legal Quickie: Do I Need to File for a Trademark?
- Ep. 20: Legal Quickie: All About Hiring with Lonnie Giamela, Esq.
- Ep. 22: Legal Quickie: Can I have multiple companies under one LLC?
- Ep. 26: Legal Quickie: What Contracts Do I Need for My Business?
- Your Legal BFF Training
- Workshops on Demand
NEED A CONTRACT? CHECK OUT THE CONTRACT TEMPLATES
- If you liked this episode, please subscribe to the show on iTunes, and leave a rating and a review. By leaving a review, it helps me reach more people and schedule even more amazing guests.
- Let's continue the Office Talk conversation over in the Office Talk Facebook group. Join the group here.
- You can also catch the show on Google Play and on Stitcher.
- Want to submit a question for me to answer in a future episode? Ask away here.
- Want to be a guest on the show? Click here to be my guest.