Are you a social media influencer?
A YouTube rockstar?
Are you making waves on Instagram?
Do you want to turn that digital content you’re creating into profits?
Then you’ll want to listen to this episode with Ellie Altshuler, an entertainment and fashion attorney. In this Legal (not-so) Quickie episode, Ellie and I talk about our best tips for legally protecting your brand.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
- Why it’s key to own your business’s IP and how to protect it
- When and why you need to file for a trademark
- What licensing is and how to use it to monetize your business,
- What terms to consider in negotiating a licensing contract
- When you need to use a disclosure as an influencer while working with a brand
- The one thing start-ups often forget that is so important to avoid risk
- How to negotiate a stellar deal when creating content for a brand
- What to do if it feels like your work is being copied
CONNECT WITH HER AT
- Website: https://www.nixonpeabody.com/en/team/altshuler-ellie-l
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/elliealtshuler
RESOURCES WE TALKED ABOUT
- Legal Quickie: Who Really Owns a Copyright When I'm Hired to Do Work for a Client?
- Legal Quickie: Someone Has Copied My Work. What Should I Do?
- Legal Quickie: Do I Need to File for a Trademark?
- Need help registering your copyrights or filing for a trademark? Contact me to inquire about these services.
- If you liked this episode, please subscribe to the show on iTunes, and leave a rating and a review. By leaving a review, it helps me reach more people and schedule even more amazing guests.
- Let's continue the Office Talk conversation over in the Office Talk Facebook group. Join the group here.
- You can also catch the show on Google Play and on Stitcher.
- Want to be a guest on the show? Click here to be my guest.