Welcome to Episode 1 of Office Talk! My guest is Brooke Saxon-Spencer, the founder and editor of Belong magazine. Brooke left the health care industry for this digital and print publication designed to celebrate community, blogging, social media, and entrepreneurship. You’ll find Brooke to be amazingly authentic and inspirational.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
- How Brooke took a step back and decided on a “dream job” that maximized her background in creative writing, photography, and graphic design
- How to reach out from the shadows and not let fear hold you back
- How to use authenticity as a marketing tool
- Why she decided to start a print magazine in the digital age
- What it’s REALLY like running a print magazine
- How Brooke got Belong Magazine into Barnes and Noble—and how you can too
- How Brooke juggles consulting work, entrepreneurship and motherhood
- Why she didn’t want to spend money on her startup legal costs, but why she’s happy she did
- Knowing when to stand up for yourself and when to cut your losses
- Do you need a “Feel Good” file?
CONNECT WITH HER AT
RESOURCES WE TALKED ABOUT
- Canvas HQ - P.S. The canvas prints Brooke mentioned in the episode will also be available on www.belong-mag.com.
- Skye McLain
- Annette’s Facebook group
P.S. Sorry for all the background noise on this one. Thanks for bearing with me as I get this whole podcasting thing figured out. Wink!
If you liked this episode, please subscribe to the show on iTunes, and leave a rating and a review. By leaving a review, it helps me reach more people and schedule even more amazing guests.
Let's continue the Office Talk conversation over in the Office Talk Facebook group. Join the group here.
- Want to be a guest on the show? Click here to be my guest.